Friday, September 3, 2010

Pig In a Wig












Whew...Pig in a Wig about wore me out this week. We have done so many things with pigs this week that you'd think our class would be experts on pigs by now. We have painted a piggy bank which we are going to use as a word bank in our classroom. We made pig snacks out of pancakes, pink icing, and other yummy treats and we made a pig class book.

Our class did excellent this week on their tests to go along with Pig in a Wig. There were 14 kids in our class who made a 100 on their reading test, 17 kids who made a 100 on their spelling test, 17 students who made a 100 on their math test, and every student made a 100 on their DOL test. WOW!!! We have had a wonerful week in 1st grade.

We also got back our first scholastic book order this week. Thank you to all the families who purchased an item for our class off of our class wish list. I tried to remember who wanted to give the books to the class and who was purchasing for their children. If I sent a book home and it was supposed to be for our class library you can just send it back to school. I also have an order without a name on it. The order was for the disney fairy tale book, the science collection, and the pinkalicious book. If this was your order just let me know and I'll send the books home next week. I will send home another book order soon with a new wish list for our classroom library.

Don't forget....we don't have school Monday. It is Labor Day and I am so excited about my day off. I plan to work on a baby shower I am giving for a friend so I'll still be busy but at least I'll be at home in my PJ's.

Study those new buzz words and the new spelling words. Our spelling pre-test will be on Tuesday. I hope you have a great weekend!!!


1 comment:

  1. Parents if you'd like to post a comment about our class blog feel free to do that here.

    ReplyDelete